FIFA take no action after Kyle Walker and Kamil Glik clash in England-Poland draw last month

FIFA will not take further disciplinary action due to lack of evidence following a trade between Kamil Glik and Kyle Walker in the World Cup qualifiers between England and Poland last month.

England informed the referees of the incident on the pitch after Glik Walker pinched his neck before there was a hand-to-hand fight between the teams in Warsaw at half-time.

Glik and England defender Harry Maguire were suspended after the incident and the game ended in a 1-1 draw.

FIFA announced an investigation into allegations of racism, but found no conclusive evidence of a crime.

Use Chrome for a more affordable video player

In the Three Lions’ 1-1 draw in Warsaw, Glik Walker appeared to get caught in his neck during the clinch break

“After a detailed analysis, including relevant match reports, on September 8, the FIFA Disciplinary Committee decided not to initiate disciplinary proceedings against Poland against England due to insufficient evidence.” a FIFA spokesperson said.

“FIFA’s position remains firm and determined to fight all forms of discrimination, but no evidence of further action has been provided on this particular case.”

PZPN spokesman Jakub Kwiatkowski rejected all racism allegations after the game Sports news in the sky.

Use Chrome for a more affordable video player

Group I World Cup qualifying round clash between Poland and England reports

“It was a normal football incident,” he said. “The passions were very strong. There was some free kick pressure between Glik and Walker. There was a lot of tension and a little pressure, but there was no racism.

– During the break we talked about it with the fourth official and talked to the players and they told me that racism does not exist.

Several arrests after clashes between Hungarian supporters and police at Wembley Stadium

Use Chrome for a more affordable video player

Highlights of the Group I World Cup qualifiers between England and Hungary from Wembley

Hungarian fans clashed with police at Wembley Stadium in Tuesday’s World Cup qualifiers against England.

Away from home, cheers could be heard as England players knelt before the game began to show their support for the fight against racism.

Then there were clashes in remote areas where police attempted to control the crowd with batons before they looked like they had been pushed into the lobby.

Use Chrome for a more affordable video player

The Athletic’s Anita Abayomi shares how she sat in front of Hungarian fans at Wembley and her experience with the mess below

Metropolitan Police said they had made one arrest for racially motivated public nuisance and two for brawling and assaulting an emergency care worker.

As riots continued at Wembley, police were again arrested for fighting, one for drunkenness and riots and the other for suspicion of voyeurism.

Winston Ferguson

"Total travelaholic. Subtly charming zombie geek. Friend of animals everywhere. Music buff. Explorer. Tv junkie."

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *