Between the Alps and the plains – Where else but Kavalia?
Brigadier Week. A week of pure fun.
In fact, the 123rd edition of the US Open in California begins today at the Los Angeles Country Club.
Another chance to see, despite the recent news of the merger between the PGA, DP World Tour and LIV Golf, the best players in the world compete again for the 3rd major season of the season.
Among the favorites are Brooks Koepka (winner of the PGA Championship a few weeks ago) and the usual “unknowns”: Justin Thomas, Scottie Scheffler and Viktor Hovland (winner of the Memorial Tournament).
On the other hand, we move to Piedmont, where it is not too late to play 18 holes together thanks to the still not too high temperatures.
A stone’s throw from the mountains.
A stone’s throw from the cities.
In a green frame that couldn’t be greener. Indeed, the presence of water favors the blossoming of colors and the rich and dense vegetation.
But here, in the province of Biella, man has taken care of it as well as mother nature. And it was, surprisingly, a subtle and harmonious intervention.
Cavaglia Golf Club, in fact, represents a perfect example of how the human footprint can and should be in harmony with what the surrounding area has to offer.
Golf and the Club House
From the original 6 holes in 1998, over the years Cavaglia Golf Club has grown in quality and number of holes. In 1999, 9 Par 73 holes with double tees were completed, while 6 executive holes were inaugurated in 2001.
However, the 18 holes date back to 2014, when work began to convert the land into a 4,600m Par 68 single course that opened with a Pro Am in 2015.
Easy to access, Golf Cavaglià is just 20 km. from Biella, Vercelli and Ivrea and close to the Santhià motorway exit for easy access from other towns in the area.
Here you will find not only a path of youthful inspiration, but also structures dedicated to companions and visitors who want to enjoy some relaxation at the gates of the Alps.
The swimming pool, the Steak House (a detail not found every day on a golf course and open every day for lunch and Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings too), the tennis court and other small precautions pamper the tourist as soon as he sets foot at the Club House.
What to do in the Biella area
Set in a mostly flat environment, the course is located on the northern edge of the Po Valley and on the southern slopes of the Belluno Alps.
An environment, therefore, particularly favorable for all lovers of sports, the outdoors and excursions.
In addition, the proximity to the cities favors cultural and architectural tourism which, alternating with other activities, creates an excellent offer for those who find themselves in these places.
- The first thing to see is a peculiarity of the place and an attraction little known except to the locals. These are the Menhirs of Cavaglia, located near the Elvo stream, stone structures dating, according to some sources, between 4000 BC. and 5000 BC C. The set of Menhirs aims to form a Cromlech, a set of menhirs aligned in a circle, sometimes joined with the trilithic system to form a sanctuary.
- Just 10 kilometers from Cavaglia is indicative Recipe for candel, an ancient fortified village dating back to the XIII century with imposing walls and medieval towers. It is one of the few medieval enclosures still well preserved in Italy. Cobbled streets, stone buildings and craft shops make this village a fascinating place to explore.
- It is located about 25 kilometers from Cavaglia, Biella is a beautiful town with a rich textile history. The historic center of Biella, called the Piazzo, is characterized by medieval streets, historic buildings and the majestic Cathedral of St. Stephen. Biella is also famous for its manufacturing tradition, with the presence of many spinning mills and weaving mills. During your visit to Biella, you can discover the history of the production of fine textiles in the area.
- About 35 kilometers from Cavaglia is located the Holy Mount of Europe, one of the nine Sacri Monti recognized as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. This holy place is an important pilgrimage center and offers great views of the surrounding mountains. The Holy Oropa, located on top of the mountain, is famous for its baroque architecture and religious heritage.
- In addition, a short distance from Cavaglia is the Lake Viverone, a picturesque lake surrounded by hills and forests. The lake offers many opportunities for outdoor activities such as fishing, sailing and swimming. On its shores there are equipped beaches, restaurants and cafes, where you can relax and enjoy the view.
Cavaglia Golf Club
Address: Via Santhià, 75 – 13881 Cavaglia, Biella. Tel: 0161 966771, email: [email protected]
Services: 18 holes, driving range with 11 outer and 9 inner bays, large grounds, pro shop, caddy master, trolley/cart/bag rental, swimming pool, bar-restaurant, tennis court.
“Total travelaholic. Subtly charming zombie geek. Friend of animals everywhere. Music buff. Explorer. Tv junkie.”