They are unique: talented, gifted, empathetic. Against all odds, they achieve high academic results, but also help others. On Friday, five talented students from the Świętokrzyskie region received a scholarship for them. Andrzej Radek. The ceremony took place in the museum of Stefan Żeromski’s school years in Kielce.
Scholarships are awarded by the Society of Stefan eromski, existing in the Kielce Museum of Stefan eromski School Years. Their aim is to give equal opportunities to young people from small towns, rewarding them for determination, consistency in overcoming numerous difficulties and persistence in pursuing the goal of education.
– Such features were characterized by Andrzej Radek, a fictional character, the main character of “Sisyphus Works” – a novel by Stefan Żeromski – explains Sylwia Zacharz, president of the Society.
– The heroes of our fairs are today’s Radek. These are people who are having a hard time, they have to continue to school, sometimes it is not only financial but also family problems. However, these young people believe that science is something that will give them the future, that it is the most important thing. These are people who like to read books, but are also very sensitive and empathetic, so in addition to studying, they spend their free time with others who need help – she explains.
This year five people received a grant.
Patrycja Waluśkiewicz – student of special education at Jagiellonian University is the winner of the scholarship for the fourth time (2017, 2019, 2020 and 2021). Magdalena Waluśkiewicz, on the other hand, is a student of the 1st Secondary School of General Bartłomiej Nowodworski in Kraków was among the winners for the third time. She says it is a great honor for her.
– Such an award will certainly enable me to develop my passions and interests. For example, it greatly facilitates access to extracurricular activities. Among other things, I have awarded previous scholarships to improve my English language skills and probably will this time as well, but I will also spend it on textbooks and books. I also often do volunteer work, which takes a lot of time. This award is kind of a relief for my parents because they don’t have to fully fund my education – she explained.
You have to take care of your talents
– I am glad that someone appreciates my efforts, my achievements – said Klaudia Galasińska – a student of the Liceum Ogólnokształcące im. General Władysław Sikorski in Włoszczowa, lives in Węgleszyn, passionate about mathematics, who received a scholarship for the second time.
However, for the first time among the winners were: Mateusz Galasiński – a student of the AGH University of Science and Technology from Węgleszyn. Stanisław Staszic in Kraków and Tadeusz Ćwiek – a student of the 1st High School of Tadeusz Kościuszko in Busko-Zdrój, living in Nowy Korczyn.
– I will certainly spend this money on my passion, ie learning, developing the Polish language, because it is my favorite subject – said Tadeusz.
The fellows were congratulated by Katarzyna Nowacka, vice-curator of education. She emphasized that it was a tribute to their high educational activity.
– How hard they work to acquire knowledge, develop talents and abilities. I think the money they will receive will enable them to face new educational challenges – she emphasized.
Magdalena Kusztal, Director of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage of the Marshal’s Office, pointed out that this scholarship supports young talents from Świętokrzyskie province.
– You have to take care of your talent. It’s like these biblical talents: we can’t bury them, we can’t forget them, because thanks to passion and talents the world is moving forward, developing and I hope that one day the world will hear about these young people who have these talents. receive scholarships – pointed them out.
Scholarships Andrzej Radek were awarded for the 35th time. Last year’s edition was different from normal due to the pandemic, the winners received the prizes individually, without the presence of guests, teachers, parents or guardians. This year, the scholarship recipients received material awards – external drives and publications, as well as a financial award – this year it was 2,000 and 4,000. PLN (in the form of a one-time payment). The group of scholarship students already numbers 493 people.
“Total travelaholic. Subtly charming zombie geek. Friend of animals everywhere. Music buff. Explorer. Tv junkie.”